Happy New Year!
Over the past few months, I have bought and tried out new products that I am now obsessed with. This is what’s in my makeup bag, version 2015. Follow counterclockwise starting with the foundation. You can shop all of these favorites below!1. “More Issues Than Vogue” Cosmetic Bag-Nordstrom ($12)-I have been using this cheeky makeup bag that I bought for myself (and a friend!) during the holidays. It’s fabulous and it holds all of these products and more. Not available on the website anymore, but I included some great alternatives below.2. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation- I know this is one of those cult beauty products, but the hype is very well supported in the quality of this makeup. The application is smooth and flawless and my skin is left looking incredibly luminous and perfectly refined. I published a full, in-depth review of this foundation. If you want to check that out, click here. Winner of Allure magazine’s ‘Best of Beauty’ award for Best Light Coverage Foundation, 2013.
3. Nars Creamy Concealer-Again, this product is well-known in the beauty community and for good reason! I have never come across a concealer that is so creamy and covers literally all of my imperfections. I love that this formulation is very buildable and crease-proof. You know those creases you get under your eyes when your concealer lumps up? This one does not do that; it’s like magic!
4. Bare Minerals Powdered Bronzer- I’m not a fan of shimmery bronzers that create that too-shiny dewy skin whatsoever. I am able to slowly build the color in my cheeks when I contour and I love it. Very lightweight.
5. Bobbi Brown Lip Liner in ‘SANGRIA’-I bought this only two weeks ago, but I have been wearing this under my red lipstick 4x a week, at least! I love lining my lips and filling them to create the perfect base that will allow my lipstick color to be as pigmented and luscious as possible. This BB pencil is like coloring with butter; the formulation is so creamy and smooth when applied, that it makes the liplining process so quick and easy.
6. NARS Audacious Lipstick in ‘RITA’-I am THE sucker for a classic red lip. This is one of the most pigmented and ‘true’ red lipstick that I have come across. And I’ve tried so many red shades! Winner of Allure magazine’s ‘Best of Beauty’ Award for Best Long-Wearing Lipstick shade Rita, 2014.
7. Smashbox Full Exposure Mini Eyeshadow Palette-I saw the full-size version of this palette in Sephora and was so in awe of (pretty much all of)the colors that I bought the mini version to test first. With its four neutral matte shades, and their corresponding shimmers, this is literally all I have been wearing on my eyes since December. The powders are very pigmented and true in color as they appear. “Smashbox created the palette after years of researching over 5,000 eyes to find the products that suit anyone, anywhere. “
- Chocolate Brown with golden pearl
- Soft Gold with gold and silver pearl
- Light Tan with gold and silver pearl
- Mid-tone Slate with silver pearl
- Warm Chocolate Brown
- Midtone Tan
- Creamy Beige
- Ashy Dark Brown
9. Urban Decay Primer Potion- Everybody knows that this is THE best eyeshadow primer on the market. It glides on smoothly, blending beautifully on all skin tones and drying invisibly so you won’t even know it’s there. It comes in a squeeze tube so you can control how much you apply. Pro tips: Apply just a touch of Primer Potion then lay down color while the primer is fresh. Space-age polymer technology fills in any imperfections on the surface of the skin, prepping lids for indestructible eyeshadow.10. Chanel Chance Eau Tendre- This lovely fragrance was one of the gifts from my loving boyfriend this past Christmas. It’s a scent that I have been coveting since its release, and can you blame me? It’s composed of grapefruit and quince, the crispness of fresh green notes, while a trace of Jasmine Absolute lingers in the air. Gently warmed by a sheer veil of White Musk… 11. The Original Beauty Blender-I thought this was such a meaningless product when I heard the rave on it. BUT WOW. I am so glad my friend Victoria gifted it to me. It really does leave your foundation looking like a second layer of your skin. Your skin but better–perfect.